Saturday, January 29, 2011

the Perfect Bride

As a vendor my idea of the perfect bride might be a little different then say the Grooms! 
I had a bride in this week who was great...she had realistic expectations, was open to suggestions and not stuck on goofy ideas.  You would be surprised at some of the things these women come in with! 
But this is about how to stretch your budget...how does my perfect bride fit into this scenario?  A large amount of my job is just being creative and thinking outside the box. A bride that comes in and says "my wedding colors are__________ and I love such and such style or want such and such theme" and  "I am kind of on a budget and would like you to create designs that fit my style but don't blow my budget" allows me to be creative but frugal at the same time. 
For Instance:  I can create two bridal bouquets - same style, color, size and shape but different product -  and the price for one is $55 and the other is $250.  Big difference in price, minimal difference in look.  One is carnations and one is mini callas.
Now don't get the vapors at the thought of carnations at YOUR wedding, let me explain.  Many brides come in saying "I hate carnations", yet they have a tight budget and have a very specific color in mind - this really ties my hands. Carnations are really gaining in popularity because they are so cost effective and come in greater color variety then just about anything else.  Add a little creativity and you might be changing your tune...

This is an excellent example of a well designed creative use of carnations from budgetdreamweddings.com, very fun, very now, very budget friendly.  I understand that most brides have seen badly designed carnations for years and have an understandable aversion, but there are no bad flowers just bad designers.
Here is another example:
Pomander balls, popular for flower girls and aisle decor as will as many other applications. This one is from one of my weddings.

Check out his one from weddings.theknot.com using grapevine balls to get the similar effect but with much less product and labor.  With simple budget friendly flowers on top are spaced around, this can be a real winner - still want the dazzle?  Crystals and bling can be easily added, the ball could be painted to match your colors if natural is not your theme.  There are many other options for a budget friendly pomander ball, just ask your designers to think outside the box.

So, all you brides out there, find a creative vendor, give them a theme and turn them lose to work for their money, once they get their creative juices flowing you might just fall in love with budget friendly design...and carnations! :) 
Let me know what happens!




No comments:

Post a Comment